- Measurement device and transduction principle, resolution, accuracy, repeatability, gain and bandwidth.
- Electrical loading effects, input-output impedance of measurement devices, grounding and signal shielding against noise.
- Wheatstone bridge circuit and its use in measurement systems
- Sensors for motion: position sensors, speed sensors, acceleration sensors
- Sensors for force, torque, pressure and strain measurement
- Sensors for temperature measurement
- Sensors for flow rate and humidity measurement
- Vision systems as “smart sensors”
- Laser and range sensors