- Work closely with business users/analysts to understand key business processes and business differentiation.
- Define Hypothesis to test or Prediction to be made that is correlated to the key business processes.
- Build Data model(Schema) necessary to test hypothesis.
- Use various data visualization tools to identify correlation and outliers.
- Build analytic models using various analytic tools, explore different analytic techniques/algorithms to create predictive models.
- Test/Validate predictive
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a data scientist.
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, DataRPM, ggplot2.
- Experience using analytic tools such as SAS, R, MADlib, Alphine Miner etc.
- Experience with Big-Data technologies: Hadoop and related tools.
- Intermediate programming skills. Ideally C++, Java, or Python with some additional scripting experience such as Bash or Perl.
- Experience in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
- Strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models.
- Advanced working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing.