- Conduct requirements gathering processes by interacting with business users to identify the questions business users want to answer.
- Work closely with data warehouse team to define and build the data models that are in line with the questions business users have.
- Create SQL-based queries to build reports by using various BI tools.
- Generate SQL commands using BI tools and modify these SQL commands if necessary.
- Create corresponding report/dashboard using SQL commands generated. Iterate the process by modifying SQL commands.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistics, information science or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a BI analyst.
- Must have superior math/analytical skills.
- Experience developing business intelligence reports and reporting tools is required.
- Experience using BI Tools such as SAP, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Pentaho etc.
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system.
- Intermediate programming skills. Ideally C++, Java, or Python with some additional scripting experience such as Bash or Perl.
- Experience in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.