- The position is for a Senior Engineer to support the Remote Control, Command and Positioning group.
- This individual would be part of an engineering team with focus on machine positioning for products with a primary focus on the Autonomous Haulage Systems and Autonomous Drill Systems.
- Individual will be involved in various aspects of the NPI product development cycle; design, development, product quality and validation.
- The individual must have good systems and validation background with experience in navigational or guidance applications.
- Research and develop new technology
- Issue resolution thru triage and troubleshooting
- Design and promote new components and sub processes
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems with a focus on GNSS and Inertial Sensors
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Develop Technical Specifications for Positioning and Navigation System Applications
- Collect, Analyze, and manage extremely large test data sets for system development
- Test scripting and validation
- Perform product maintenance including support of existing software by creating and documenting Positioning and Navigation System algorithms
- Building Test fixtures and harnesses / Lab bench maintenance
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Electrical or Computer Science Engineer degree
- 2-5 years of engineering experience in the area of relevant engineering work experience
- A general understanding of navigational and guidance systems, familiarity with GNSS or Inertial Measurement applications with Kalman filter experience.
- Good teamwork, communication, analysis, and troubleshooting skills are required.
- The individual should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to learn at an accelerated pace, and willing to put in the time to get the job done.
- Must have strong system electronics and development experience.
- Must have Strong math background and strong computational geometry skills.
- Proven ability to utilize MATLAB and Simulink for model based algorithm development and automated testing scripts