The job in this position involves detailed design of electro-mechanical components and systems using 3D solid modeling CAD packages such as ProE , AutoCad or SolidWorks, simulation of the assembly and the functionality, dimensioning and tolerance checking, generation of the detailed list of materials. Various structural vibration, thermal, fluid flow and electromagnetic field analysis are performed using finite element modeling (FEM) and finite element analysis (FEA) tools such as FLUENT or ANSYS. Modal analysis and testing, including familiarity with data acquisition systems and sensors commonly used in structural modal analysis such as accelerometers, strain-gages. Failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) is studied extensively. System design includes engine, transmission, steering, brake and other tool systems, including the mechanical structural components, hydraulic components (such as pumps, valves, motors, cylinders, hoses). The level of detail and accuracy in modeling and simulation approaches the virtual engineering level of details to the extent that first test drive of a machine is made on the computer and it is expected that the actual test results to be very close to the simulation predictions. Clear documentation of the work and ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or related field.
- Coursework and experience in:
- mechanical design and using CAD/CAM software tools such as ProE or AutoCAD,
- finite element analysis (FEA) methods and software tools (i.e. ANYS) for structural deformations and vibrations, thermal, fluid flow (i.e. using FLUENT), failure mode effects analysis (FMEA)
- Matlab/Simulink software tools.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in large teams.
- Experience with modal testing and analysis using various data acquisition systems.
- Experience with FEA software tools.
- Experience in FMEA.
- Must be willing to relocate to various locations in US.