- Define the requirements for embedded control software for desired functionality, interface, and target hardware, design the software flowchart logic, develop the embedded control software using various tools such as Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, and test embedded software for machine control applications such as engine control, transmission control, electro-hydraulic system control, machine safety and autonomous operation systems using a host of sensors including GPS, radar and vision sensors and other machine based sensors.
- The embedded software is tested on bench-top electronic control modules (ECM) in a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation setup using DSpace or National Instruments hardware tools (MRET) and software tools (ControlDesk and Python, LabWindows CVI), and then tested on actual machines. CAN bus communication using J1939 protocol is used between ECMs, using CANanalyzer, CANape software tools by Vector.
- Experience with Linux or Windows CE development environment using Visual Studio is a plus.
- BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Course work and experience in computer programming, algorithms, embedded systems and real-time programming, microcontrollers and DSPs, control systems,
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, Python.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in large teams.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Experience with CANape, CANalyzer, J1939 protocol.
- Experience with Linux or Windows CE.
- Experience with HIL systems using DSPACE tools (MRET, ControlDesk), and National Instrument tools LabWindows CVI.